Harch Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Bibliography
Harch Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Bibliography
April 2007 "THE OXYGEN REVOLUTION" by Dr. Paul G. Harch and Virginia McCullough. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: The Groundbreaking New Treatment for Stroke, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson's, Brain Injuries, Arthritis, Diabetes, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Heart Disease, Birth Injuries, Learning Disabilities, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Asthma, Lyme Disease, AIDS, Alcohol Abuse, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Vision Loss and more.
1. Harch PG, et al. SPECT brain imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of type II decompression sickness. Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, 1992;19(Suppl):42.
2. Harch PG, et al. The effect of HBOT tailing treatment on neurological residual and SPECT brain images in type II (cerebral) DCI/CAGE. Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, 1994;21(Suppl):22-23.
3. Harch PG, et al. HMPAO SPECT brain imaging and low pressure HBOT in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic traumatic, ischemic, hypoxic and anoxic encephalopathies. Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, 1994;21(Suppl):30.
4. Harch PG and Neubauer RA. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in global cerebral ischemia/anoxia and coma, Chapter 18. Textbook of Hyperbaric Medicine, 3rd Edition. Editor: K.K. Jain. Hogrefe and Huber Publishers, Seattle, 1999; firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: 1999 Committee Report. Editor, N.B. Hampson. Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Kensington, MD.
6. Zamboni WA, et al. Morphological analysis of the microcirculation during reperfusion of ischemic skeletal muscle and the effect of hyperbaric oxygen. Plast Reconstr Surg 1993;91:1110-1123.
7. Thom SR. Functional inhibition of leukocyte B2 integrins by hyperbaric oxygen in carbon monoxide-mediated brain injury in rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 1993;123:248-256.
8. Mink RB, Dutka AJ. Hyperbaric oxygen after global cerebral ischemia in rabbits reduces brain vascular permeability and blood flow. December, 1995. Stroke;26(12):2307-2312.
9. Yamada T, et al. The protective effect of hyperbaric oxygenation on the small intestine in ischemia-reperfusion injury. Journal of Ped Surg, June, 1995;30(6):786-90.
10. Siddiqui A, et al. Ischemic tissue oxygen capacitance after hyperbaric oxygen therapy: a new physiologic concept. Plast Reconstr Surg, 1995;99:148-155.
11. Wu L, Mustoe TA. Effect of ischemia on growth factor enhancement of incisional wound healing. Surgery, 1995;117:570.
12. Buras JA, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen downregulates ICAM-1 expression induced by hypoxia and hypoglycemia: the role of NOS. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:292-302.
13. Zhao LL, et al. Effect of hyperbaric oxygen and growth factors on rabbit ear ischemic ulcers. Arch Surg, 1994;129:1043.
14. Reenstra WR, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen increases human dermal fibroblast proliferation, growth factor receptor number and in vitro wound closure. Undersea & Hyperb Med, 1998a;25:53.
15. Reenstra WR, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen increases human dermal fibroblast expression of EGF-receptors (EGFR). Undersea & Hyperb Med, 1998b;25:54.
16. Marx RE, et al. Relationship of oxygen dose to angiogenesis induction in irradiated tissue. Am J Surg, 1990;160:519-524.
17. Harch PG, et al. Low pressure hyperbaric oxygen therapy induces cerebrovascular changes and improves complex learning/memory in a rat open head bonk chronic brain contusion model. Undersea and Hyperbaric Med, 1996;23(Suppl):48.
18. Harch PG. Application of HBOT to acute neurological conditions. Hyperbaric Medicine 1999, The 7th Annual Advanced Symposium. The Adams Mark Hotel, Columbia, South Carolina, April 9-10, 1999.
19. Mitton C, Hailey D. Health technology assessment and policy decisions on hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Int J of Tech Assess in Health Care, 1999;15(4):661-70.
20. Gordon J. Editorial. Mothers United in Moral Support (MUMS) Newsletter, Issue 76, Feb/April 1999, page 1. Published by MUMS, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
21. Neubauer RA, et al. Enhancing "idling" neurons. Lancet, 1990;335:542.
22. Montgomery D, et al. Effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on children with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy: a pilot project. Undersea and Hyperbaric Med, 1999;26(4):235-42.
23. Fischer BH, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen treatment of multiple sclerosis. A randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study. N England J Med, 1983;308:181-186.
24. Appell A, et al. The effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on the neurogenic vesico-urethral dysfunction of multiple sclerosis. Presented at the Southeastern Section of the American Urological Association Meeting, Nashville, Tenn., April 1, 1984 and the Urodynamics Society Meeting, New Orleans, La, May 5, 1984.
25 . Gottlieb SH, Neubauer RA. Multiple Sclerosis: its etiology, pathogenesis, and therapeutics. J Hyperbaric Med, 1988;3:143-164.
26. Harch PG, et al. HMPAO SPECT brain imaging of acute CO poisoning and delayed neuropsychological sequelae (DNSS). Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, 1994;21(Suppl):15.
27. Harch PG. Late treatment of decompression illness and use of SPECT brain imaging. 45th Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society Workshop, Treatment of Decompression Illness, eds. RE Moon, PJ Sheffield. June 18-19, 1995, Palm Beach, Florida, Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Kensington, MD, 1996.
28. Harch PG, et al. Use of HMPAO SPECT for assessment of response to HBO in ischemic/hypoxic encephalopathies. Appendix, Textbook of Hyperbaric Medicine, 2nd Edition, 480-491. K.K. Jain, editor. Hogrefe and Huber Pubs., Seattle, 1996.
29. Harch PG, et al. Delayed treatment of type II DCS: the importance of low pressure HBOT and HMPAO SPECT brain imaging in its diagnosis and treatment. Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, 1993;20(Suppl):51.
30. Barrett KF, Masel BE, Harch PG, et al. Cerebral blood flow changes and cognitive improvement in chronic stable traumatic brain injuries treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Neurol, April, 1998 (Suppl):A178-A179.
31. Harch PG. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: Pharmacology and effects on pathophysiology in acute central nervous system ischemia and anoxia. Congress on Cerebral Ischemia, Vascular Dementia, Epilepsy and CNS Injury, Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, DC, May 9-13, 1998, SP-12. Copies available from the National Stroke Research Center, Winston-Salem, N.C., and the office of Dr. Harch.
32. Van Meter, KW, et al. Oxygen dose response in open-chest ACLS in swine after a 25-minute cardiopulmonary arrest. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 1999;34(4):S11.
33. Kindwall, EP. Physicians' Forum: Research in hyperbaric medicine. Hyperbaric Medicine Today, April, 2000;I(I):10-12.
34. Harch, PG. Hyperbaric Medicine Officially Enters the Prohibition Era. Hyperbaric Medicine Today, June, 2000; I(II):13-16.
35. Astrup J, Simon L (1981) Thresholds in cerebral ischemia -- The ischemic penumbra. Stroke 12:6, 723-725.